However, all those 'nice' smells are not so nice to our health.
Here's a collection of sources of information to check if you want to have control over the type of air pollution that you can actually control.
- Scientific American - Are there toxic chemicals in our perfumes and colognes?
- Scientific American - The problem with air fresheners
- NRDC - Air fresheners and affect on hormones and reproductive development
- Suzuki Foundation - Health & Environmental Hazards of Fragrance & Parfum
- Report (PDF) Campaign for Safe Cosmetics - Health Risks of Chemicals in Fragrance
- (Australia) New Study: Epidemic of Fragrance Products Affecting Health
- (US) Air Fresheners can Trigger Allergies and Asthma -
- Yes, there are also chemicals in soy candles.